Tuesday, February 28, 2006

When Does Basic Become Basically Boring?

I took a trip to the mall yesterday with you-know-who to look for some new clothes. As we walked around I admired the newest styles and the uplifting "springy" colors and was inspired to add something new to my waredrobe (my what??) I saw cute calf-grazing capris, flowing peasant shirts, girly skirts with layers and ruffles, and adorable sandals in a kaleidoscope of colors. All of these would be appropriately paired with the thick multi-colored strands of beads displayed along with the clothes. In one store I picked up a few items, put some back in favor of others, made a couple of trips to the fitting room, all the while lugging a good-natured Josh and all his accoutrements around with me (it was an effort!) When I was finally satisfied with what I had selected I approached the girl at the check-out who took one look at my pitiful pile and said "Wow, that's as basic as you can get." I really tried but I guess I have to agree with her.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: